9.29.2006

It's a Bird, It's a Plane. No, it's SUPER WEEKEND!

Is it strange and a little sad that I'm way more excited about Super Weekend than I was for my 19th birthday? Probably, but when I went to bed last night, I was like a five year old on Christmas Eve. When I think back to when I came on board this campaign, five months ago, I don't think I could have imagined this situation. Stéphane himself said it best - we started out as a small network, but now we are a nationwide movement.

So, I woke up at 4:45 today, in order to catch my flight back to Calgary. I love BC, but I can do so much more work here. If the flight back was any indication, Equipe Dion is in for a good weekend. I got the emergency exit row (the one with lots of legroom - I'm a tall guy) and headed home to the land of White Stetsons and Cowboy Boots. People don't really think of Alberta as a bastion of Liberalism, but the Liberals we have are dedicated and sharp.

So there are butterflies - there always are before a big day. But it's different from the last federal election. This time, my team has played a good game. We've worked hard, and it's about to pay off. When I joined, Stéphane was the token candidate from Quebec. The obligatory also ran that people tolerated. But look at us now. Youth, across this country, have been working hard during this campaign, and it's about to pay off. So, I feel that I have the right to be a little (crazily) excited. This weekend is going to be good. Just watch us.

-Matthew Naylor, Alberta Logistics Chair

No comments: