10.28.2006

T- 44, 640 minutes until convention


With only a month left until registration opens I'm starting to have these disturbing thoughts. Thoughts about what to do on Sunday, December 3. And Monday December 4, and on and on and on. Regardless of outcome, I wonder what hindsight will teach me in the immediate post-convention future, but also what memories I will keep with me for the rest of my life. At only 22 years old, I might see a good many Leaderships in my day. What will make this one special?

I think Carrie's touching post is certainly an indication.

By far one of the best things about the last 6 months on the Dion campaign has been the random and casual moments where someone I know reveals themselves to be a fellow "Dionista" without me ever having known.

The amazing professor who asked me who I was supporting and responded, "Of course Dion. Me too."

Or my campus-job boss who I've known for five years and never talked politics once that said, "Oh you're involved in the Leadership? Who are you supporting? Because Stephane Dion is the one I want to win."

Or the former hill staffer friend who I thought had all but left politics that sent me an email out of the blue reading, "Following the race. Hear you're involved with Dion. He's gotta win, so don't screw up."

Along with the knowing nods from my friends in other parties and the thumbs up from strangers on the metro who see me sporting my Stephane Dion button, these are some of the best moments on the campaign.

- Denise

No comments: